Enhanced Enterprise‑Grade Software Application Delivery Through the Cloud
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 7, 2019) – NGINX, the company behind the popular open source project trusted by more than 400 million sites, today is announcing new offerings for public cloud deployed versions of its industry‑leading NGINX Plus and NGINX Open Source platforms. In addition, new modules are available in an expanded developer marketplace.
New NGINX Editions, Processor Support, and OS Support in Existing Cloud Marketplaces
NGINX is excited to further its commitment to public cloud deployments, through such partners as AWS, Google, and Microsoft, with these key offerings:
- Support for Amazon EC2 A1 instances and the AWS Graviton Processor – NGINX targets scale‑out workloads such as web servers and caching fleets. With the addition of support for EC2 A1, NGINX Plus and NGINX Open Source users can run workloads at up to 45% less cost. An NGINX Plus Amazon Machine Image (AMI) for A1 instances is now available on the AWS Marketplace.
- Support for additional operating systems – NGINX now supports CentOS 8 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 with NGINX Plus R18 in all marketplaces. This enables flexibility and choice for a variety of platforms delivered through public cloud.
- Availability of NGINX Plus Enterprise Edition on all marketplaces – NGINX now provides customers the opportunity to purchase the Enterprise Edition of NGINX Plus directly from cloud marketplaces. Customers benefit from 24/7 support, first response within 30 minutes, hot bug fixes, and third‑party module support.
New Cloud Marketplaces and New Certified Module Availability
With more than 140% growth in cloud revenues over the past 3 years, NGINX continues its commitment to providing more options to the developer community through additional marketplaces. In addition to the enhancements to existing cloud marketplaces, NGINX is expanding into new marketplaces:
- A new partnership with DigitalOcean – NGINX will introduce new marketplace offerings with DigitalOcean that make it simpler for developers to access code and spin up an NGINX Open Source instance in minutes, enabling them to quickly build solutions on top of the NGINX Application Platform. In addition, developers and partners can have their modules certified by NGINX, demonstrating to potential customers that their solution works with NGINX Plus.
- Availability of three new certified modules – Users can purchase partner software that integrates with NGINX by dynamically loading as a software module. New modules include software from curity.io, PerimeterX, and Signal Sciences.
To learn more about these cloud marketplace offerings or how to build and certify a module, check out our latest blog post or join us at NGINX Conf 2019. This year’s event will feature a special Module Builders Fair to help developers and partners build modules. For more on our modules, visit us here.
“We are excited to accelerate our partnership with NGINX in supporting cloud‑based deployments on Amazon EC2 A1 instances,” says Mohamed Awad, Vice President of Marketing, Infrastructure Line of Business, Arm. “NGINX software application delivery for Arm® Neoverse™‑based solutions will enable high‑performance, low‑cost solutions that scale from IoT to edge to cloud.”
“PerimeterX Enforcer for NGINX and NGINX Plus is a world‑class enforcement layer that protects websites and APIs from today’s constantly morphing automated security attacks,” said Ido Safruti, CTO and co‑founder, PerimeterX. “Our joint customers will benefit from the integrated solution to ensure that real users have a seamless experience with their branded web assets and that they are protected against a broad range of threats.”
“We’re pleased to continue our collaboration with NGINX as they bring their Red Hat‑certified technologies to the latest version of the world’s leading enterprise Linux platform,” said Terri Hall, vice president, Global Partners & Alliances, Red Hat. “As part of the ecosystem supporting Red Hat’s hybrid cloud technologies, including Red Hat OpenShift and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, NGINX helps provide our customers with expanded choice in how they develop and deliver cloud‑native applications.”
“DigitalOcean believes strongly in supporting the global open source community, and working with an innovative technology platform like NGINX demonstrates this,” said DigitalOcean SVP of Product Shiven Ramji. “This partnership benefits both NGINX and DigitalOcean customers – NGINX can plug into our massive, global platform for application deployment, making it easier for their customers to deploy modules across their NGINX infrastructure, and our customers get access to a rich new community of technology for an established product like NGINX. Having recently launched our own Marketplace, we’ve seen the benefits it provides and are excited to help NGINX enhance their marketplace offerings.”
About NGINX, Inc.
NGINX, Inc. is the company behind the popular open source project trusted by more than 400 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation. NGINX investors include Blue Cloud Ventures, e.ventures, Goldman Sachs, Index Ventures, MSD Capital, NEA, Runa Capital, and Telstra Ventures. For more information, visit https://www.nginx.co.jp/.